Her legs are amputated after using a common household product – Now she’s warning women everywhere

In 2012, Lauren Wasser, a woman from California, is sharing her personal story to raise awareness and prevent other women from experiencing the same ordeal she went through.

Initially mistaking her symptoms for the flu, doctors later discovered that she was actually suffering from toxic shock syndrome, a condition caused by bacterial toxins. This incident has prompted Lauren to speak out and educate others about the dangers of this common product.

It was determined that the root cause of the infection was linked to the use of a tampon. Prolonged use of tampons can result in this infection, which can lead to a condition known as toxic shock syndrome or TSS.

Regrettably, Lauren remained in a coma for more than a week, and upon regaining consciousness, doctors had to amputate her leg due to the severity of the infection. At the time, she was only 24 years old.


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Lauren Wasser (@theimpossiblemuse)

Ever since this tragic event, Lauren made it her goal to raise awareness and fighting a legal battle against Kotex Natural Balance, the brand of tampons that caused her to react so severely.

In a few months, I’m inevitably going to have my other leg amputated. There’s nothing I can do about it. But what I can do is help make sure that this doesn’t happen to others,” Lauren tells The Daily Mail.

“Considering that the vagina is the most absorbent part of a woman’s body and is a gateway to many of our vital organs, it is crucial that consumers know the reality of what could happen to them,” she writes in InStyle.

Following the second amputation, Lauren posed alongside Paralympic athlete Amy Purdy, who also had her legs amputated.


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Lauren Wasser (@theimpossiblemuse)

We are showing our support for Lauren, who is resolute in living her life to the fullest despite facing challenges and enduring pain. Please spread the word by sharing this article with your loved ones on Facebook.

Most Popular

Sponsored Content


error: Content is protected !!